Monday, March 29, 2004

"no dye lot" my foot!

I had one skein, one skein of Red Heart Light Blue yarn that my mother sent me last year. She'd wanted to make a granny square afghan or something but got bored with it and sent it along to me. I thought it would be pretty to use (finally) in the pineapple pillowghan and I got 4½ squares completed out of it. No dye lot, you know. So I bought two more skeins yesterday to continue on with, and started using them tonight. It's a teeny tiny bit lighter, a bit brighter. Not enough to make me stop altogether, but enough to make me want to frog it anyway. I think I can get around it by making the first four squares into the pillowtop, and 'hiding' the half and half square under the pillowtop. The color difference probably isn't noticeable to anyone but me, but I do notice it. Grumble grumble grumble!!!