Wednesday, March 24, 2004

triumph or bleh?

So we got a new kitchen table yesterday. I spent most of the day getting ready for the delivery, and then cleaning up after the delivery. I'm thrilled with the table but we will have to have them bring us another - there is a huge gouge in the wood on the leaf. Unacceptable. They left us this one until they get another one back in, and then they will call us to set up another delivery so I can do it all over again.

All my crochet projects got shoved aside to make some sort of table mat to put under a basket we set on the table. I'm not going to touch the wood for about a year, I'm sure. It's beautiful. So in the afternoon I stitched and frogged, frogged and stitched. I'm not sure if I'm pleased with the end result, but I am enough pleased so that I can continue on with my "scheduled" projects. All in all, I probably took something very basic and clucked over it for five hours yesterday, to end up with this:



Ruffly when I hadn't really thought of ruffles, and I'm not sure that I like it. But it works, it serves the purpose, and one of these days I'll try again.



I went to Michaels a couple days ago and bought a skein of Paton's Twister Grape Nut and Paton's Allure Sapphire. I'm not so certain what to do with them but I like them. Very pretty; I was surprised to see them in the store. Our little Michael's catches up to the rest of the world!

Off to hunt for that book, the 63 Squares book that I am absolutely positive I own. I think I do. But where in the world is it!!!?!!!