Thursday, April 08, 2004

staying put

I'm stuck on the up escalator of crocheting. That means I'm so close to the end of the baby afghan but don't seem to be getting anywhere. I just keep stitching and stitching and it doesn't make any real difference. I'm the third step from the top, not getting any closer.

I had a nice conversation with my sister today. I almost fell out of my chair when she said she did like crocheted items. Usually she dismisses it out of hand without giving any thought to it. Now she likes the 'texture'. Somebody has been talking to her! I brought up the subject by asking if she'd like a funky scarf or shawl, as I keep seeing all kinds of patterns that make me think of her. The scarf wins, with a comment that her 5½ year old daughter likes scarves too, so at some point I'll find the perfect yarn and work up something for both of them. It has to be funky though, that is a given. She said she had a friend that may want to learn to crochet some day, so I told her to have her send me an email. I can send her loads of links, along with the crochet blogs and Crochetville for inspiration.

Now, where is my scarf yarn, the merino wool I won on eBay last week? I'm starting to get anxious...