Wednesday, May 05, 2004

happily leaping on the bandwagon

Okay, I've had enough. I've seen unraveled sweaters all over the place, Yarn Tomato, Jenn's Crochet Blog, even Chie has been unraveling a sweater recently. I know there is more but I forget. Not having the memory capacity most days to even remember that we need eggs and bananas when I go to the store, I don't trust myself to remember to stop by a thrift store to look for sweaters. I scavenged in my own closet. Look what I found ~


Two knit sweaters, one a rich royal purple, one a deep coffee brown. Both have shades of color wrapped throughout the thread. Both are 100% wool!! I've only worn each two or three times over six years. Very scratchy,very warm, is this wool. But it should make for a lovely bag, or maybe a scarf or two...

I can felt this, right? Because even though I haven't felted my first project yet, I'm already thinking about the next. Shucks, I'm already thinking about the one after that, too!