Wednesday, June 23, 2004

I'm home again, finally!

What a busy weekend! We drove from Georgia to Michigan and back again, leaving Friday morning and coming back home on Tuesday. Traffic and weather gave us problems both days, making driving difficult at best and slow at the worst. The drive normally takes 12-14 hours, Friday took 15½ and Tuesday, 17 hours. Only now do I feel as if I'm returning to my senses after such a long trip.

The visit with my family was wonderful, I loved every moment and hated to see it end. All of my mother's sisters and her parents live in Michigan, and it has been three years since I have been able to visit them. They do not come here for various reasons. My grandparents can no longer travel so far, but my aunts have yet make any definite plans for a trip South.



With all of that, it has been so wonderful to be back home again with my sweetheart. I do not plan on leaving the house for more than two hours without him by my side for at least a year, if not longer. I like it so much better when I'm with him.

Donna very kindly emailed me just before my mother arrived with the details for her sock CAL she started over the weekend. I snuck and added the button to my blog before I left. I made only one pair of socks while I was away; I'd hoped for two but things were just too busy to get so much done. I'm pleased with how they turned out.



The pattern is the In Your Shoes Ankle Socks from CrochetMe again. I took the Toe Up Socks pattern to try, but felt it was more than I could wrap my brain around at the time and stuck with what I already knew. I'll give it a go for the next pair. These socks are for Rick's sister in California, and after I wash them I'll send them along to her. She picked the color from elann.com, and I think they worked up nicely. I'm eager to start the next pair, I have a couple of variegates and I can't wait to see how the colors progress.

One of my cousins requested an afghan to take to college with her in the fall. I was expecting school colors. Instead I find myself trying to find a pattern for pink and lime green yarns. Thank goodness for Red Heart yarn! I bought two pinks, a lavendar and the Red Heart Kids Lime while I was in Michigan, because I was fairly certain I'd find no lime here but the baby weight yarns and I didn't want that. Wish me luck on this one!! I'm thinking granny squares and will be spending a good bit of time over the next week at Digital Granny looking over patterns.

I'm doing my best to catch up on blogs but it may take me a few days. Plus a whole new list of members who have joined the Crochet Blogs webring that Donna hosts. There are so many new posts at Crochetville that I may be here for a week reading with little crochet time. ;o) So much reading to do!!