Friday, July 23, 2004

slipping and sliding

While living amongst the little snips and starts of various thread projects, I came to a pattern that made every cell in my body shiver and quake. We're not talking anything particularly intricate here, just a simple starting ring for a bookmark, a flower motif. But while I have had joy in the past using yarn to make those starting rings, the stitches just would not cooperate and fall into place in this tiny little ring.

I mentioned to Donna that if I couldn't figure out a way to make the starting rings easily, I would be pounding my head to the coffee table in short order. I could see all my snowflake dreams melting away and a bare Christmas tree in my future. Donna, as always, came to my rescue with this link, Slip Knot Loop, and suddenly life is good.

I made four rings in the same amount of time it took me to struggle through the one ring the evening before. I am a happy woman. I may not need it for yarn, but I will commit the procedure to memory for thread projects and keep my sanity intact. Or at the very least, not lose my sanity over a simple starting ring.

Try it! You'll love it!