Friday, October 08, 2004

Is it cold yet?

A few weeks ago, I participated in the Crochetville Scarf Swap and made and received a beautiful scarf. Some of the scarves were made in pink in honor of October being Breast Cancer Awareness Month. My swap partner was Katie and she made me a lovely red red scarf out of a really fun novelty yarn and I can't wait to wear it.




My scarf for her was made out of the new Joann's Sensations Angel Hair yarn, which looks a little like Patons Divine but a bit more fun. Instead of being one solid color throughout, as the Divine is, the Angel Hair is wispy shades of the same color.




I used all of one skein of yarn, and a little bit of a second skein for the fringe. I used Donna's Windowpane Scarf pattern at Crochet Me and my N hook. I think it turned out really well.




I have more than enough of the Angel Hair left to make a scarf for my sister this year, and maybe even another one for me.