Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Lots of ERGH.

Oh my goodness, it's the project that never ends! All those cute little purple and blue squares are done, the ends are worked in and I started whipstitching them together. And I stitch, and stitch, and stitch... AND stitch... I'm never going to finish it. I have realized, as I keep stitching away, that my mistake was in deciding that because it is a small afghan, a baby afghan, it should only take a few hours and they'll all be joined. Nope. I'm a moron! It is a small afghan, but they are small squares done on a small hook, a G hook, and there are 61 of them. Because I brilliantly decided to lay them out in a diamond shape, there are a bazillion rows to be stitched along. After two days of stitching, I still have all the vertical rows to join (assuming I join in straight rows in one direction - assume it, I do). Gah! Double gah! Gah gah!

In other news, what I could really use is a cup of coffee, a giant mug of steaming hot coffee with maybe a nice piece of coffee cake too. Because, if I drank the coffee and ate the cake, it would buy me some time before I had to go back to the task of whipstitching the never-ending project. Frustrated? Who, me? GAH!

On a side note, I placed an order last night at Adagio Teas. Maybe I need a cup of tea, too, to go with my coffee and coffee cake. Why not? I'm eagerly anticipating that first cup of tea, I wish it was here this morning. It was cold outside, that would have been great.

Hopefully I will have pictures of a finished project in my next post. Of course, at the rate I'm going I may have to whip out a scarf quickly to have something to show off. If you would like to see the squares that are torturing me beyond belief, you can see four of them here. Imagine those four with 57 of their best friends. I refuse to take another picture of them until it is done. I'm not sure who is being punished by that, them or me.