Sunday, November 28, 2004

I'm still here!

I feel as if it has been weeks and weeks since I've updated by blog. I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and have been able to visit with friends and family just as much as you wanted. Rick and I spent the holiday together, our respective families living too far away for us to travel there or them here. But we like each other and really wouldn't have it any other way.

On Thursday the sun finally came out after four solid days of gray clouds and rain and forced me to acknowledge what I had been trying my best to ignore. The dyelots on the afghan for my parents aren't even close to matching each other. I knew they were off when I bought the yarn but I wanted the color (RH Holly & Ivy) and it was all they had at the time. In the store they looked a heck of a lot closer than they did on Thanksgiving laid out on my bed. So I frogged back three skeins and started over. This time I am working the pattern with two strands (RH Aran with the Holly & Ivy) and a P hook so the apparent differences in the dyelots is not nearly as noticeable as it was. In the meantime I have been stitching like crazy to try to finish the darn thing. I'm beyond where I was when I frogged it and am pleased so far. Another two or three days should see the body of the afghan finished and then I'll just add the border. Something picot-y but I haven't decided for sure exactly how yet.

My dreams of putting snowflakes in all my Christmas cards are fading away. Perhaps I can get some in most of them, but I'm beginning to feel the pressure of time and postal delivery time constraints. I'm hoping that I am worrying too much, and I certainly am going to keep working on them. After all, I've ordered five snowflake pattern books in the last week. I couldn't stop now if I wanted to stop! It's a brand new addiction, and I love it.