Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Stuck in Time

I've got nothing too much to report, no finished objects and I'm beginning to feel like it will be a while before I get another. I raced through my projects list and did almost all the little things first. Now it's mostly the big stuff and it'll take longer. I'm doing my best to keep from feeling overwhelmed!

This morning I woke up thinking of the afghan I want to do for my parents this year. The term "diagonal box stitch" popped into my head out of the blue. I've admired the look of it for a long time, but hadn't really thought about doing one myself until this morning. My next stop after this is to print out the pattern and calculate yarn needs. I checked Bloglines this morning and here is Vera with her wonderful ribbon winnning projects from the fair, and so I'm giving her full credit for the inspiration. I know she talked about doing one in Christmas colors, but until I saw the picture this morning I had completely forgotten about it. Thank you Vera!!

I did finish the gallery-type page of my snowflakes finally. I was just too lazy to drag out the camera, but after adding two more flakes on Friday I didn't feel I had an excuse to be lazy any longer. I'll be updating the page as I make them, and hopefully it will grow by leaps and bounds and I can be proud of how many I've done so far, rather than "just seven". Here is the link to the snowflake gallery.

On to the pattern, and then to Wal-Mart to look at yarn. I might just frog the ripple I've started and try the diagonal stitch with that. Maybe. It's hard to frog something that isn't technically wrong!