Thursday, December 16, 2004

Do you smell smoke?

I refuse to use the term burned out, instead I'm calling it a "momentary pause in attention". Tomorrow I'll be back to full steam ahead. Monday was my birthday and while today is only Thursday it feels like it was two weeks ago rather than just Monday. I've been running all over the place ever since, hardly home for long enough to make any real progress. This afternoon I tried to crochet on the afghan but ended up setting it aside, already disappointed because no matter how hard I worked I'm only going to get a couple of rows done today. Maybe tonight will be better and I can manage some quality hook time. If I start to drag behind, it will be time for a P&P marathon this weekend and I'll get the afghan done for sure.

I've seen this on lots of other blogs and thought I'd play along. My head might just explode if I attempted the 100 Things About Me list. ;o)

Borrowed from Tiff who found it at Michelle's blog.
Holiday Survey

1. Egg nog - yum or yuck?

I have never actually tasted egg nog that I can recall. Weird, aren't I?

2. Stay up until midnight on New Year's?

Usually yes, though since I quit working we stay up to midnight almost every night. We don't pay much attention until just before midnight, then switch to see the ball drop in New York City and the peach drop in Atlanta on our local channel and have that perfect first kiss of the new year.

3. Prefer white or colored lights?

I'm growing much more fond of white lights than I was as a kid. We have both on our tree but I wish there was more white. Next year there will be. (It shows off the snowflakes better!)

4. Favorite holiday song.

I had such a hard time with this one. So many are wonderful and precious to me and I love them for different reasons. Probably at the top of the list is Silent Night. How can you not love that song?

5. What is your tackiest holiday decoration?

I love it dearly, but my pink plastic gumdrop elephant that I was given by a great aunt when I was born has to fit that description. I'd never buy it today, but I'll never get rid of it either.

6. Do your kids have too much and you wonder just WHY you are getting more??

I don't have kids, but I do think the exact thing about my niece and nephew.

7. If you celebrate Christmas, when does your tree go up and come down?

We bought our tree on the 5th this year, and it will come down on the 31st.

8. Christmas again - open gifts on Christmas eve, morning, or other?

Rick and I don't really exchange gifts, we buy a household thing that we've both been wanting and that's it. When I was a kid though we'd always do the Christmas Eve gift and beg like crazy to open another. (My sister told me this year she'd give my niece and nephew the things I sent to open on Christmas Eve. I'm incredibly honored, just because of those childhood memories.)

9. Favorite holiday tradition?

The big Christmas dinner. Even though it is tons of work I still do much more food than the two of us can eat in meal.

10. What do YOU want for Christmas?

To be able to spend it with both of our families, all of them. We are spread out in Georgia, Michigan, Florida and California. Unfortunately we can't get away from the dogs or our business so here we stay. Maybe some year someone will be able to visit with us (though I truly do love our quiet holidays, I do miss everyone).