Wednesday, January 26, 2005

WIP Wednesday



I've got so many right now I don't even know where to start!

First off is my poor neglected 63 Squares project. This is swiftly becoming an irritation to me, I've left it sit for much longer than I ever intended. After the troop hats are over with, I'm going to get back to work on these. Right now I'm making hats every day, but as soon as I'm all caught up I might surprise myself and finish another square.

Next comes Rick's lapghan... Once again, the hats have taken over almost everything (I do still work on thread twice a week, details to follow). Perhaps I can alternate doing the 63 Squares one day and a square or two for Rick's lapghan the next. I promised him it would be finished quickly but it got shoved to the side during the Christmas rush. I need to start working on it again, I know it would make him very happy if I did.

I've been working on the All-Season Shawl in my spare time. I'm only one skein into it so you can imagine how little I've finished on it in the last couple of months. I'm using LB Wool-Ease in Mushroom and absolutely love it!! I call it my Scrabble shawl because much of the time I have been able to work on it has been while I wait for my turn when we play Scrabble in the evenings.

Snowflakes - I can't have too many snowflakes! So far this year I have only missed one Monday of making flakes. We were running errands all day this past Monday and I didn't have a chance to work on any. I could have done it on Tuesday or today but those hats keep calling to me! :o) I know I have plenty more Mondays to get some made, and as I sorely missed working on them I know I'm not in danger of forgetting my promise to myself to devote Mondays to snowflakes.

Thursdays are for thread also, and in this case it's doilies. I joined the Thread CAL at Crochetville and am halfway through the Pineapple Blossom doily on the cover of this book which will be for my mother. After that, the recipient of the last two doilies I made, January Thaw and Passion Flower, has requested six (count 'em SIX) doilies about the same size from me. She would like to buy them, but she is family and I refuse have a hard time charging family so we will work something out.

What else, I know there is more... I'm doing a simple hdc scarf for Rick in LB Homespun in Nouveau which he picked out himself. I'm working it length-wise to get it done quickly with a K hook, and though I haven't measured it yet I know it is at least six feet long. We have freezing rain in the forecast for this weekend, so I want him to have a scarf long enough to wrap around a couple of times and cover his mouth and nose too. There is another shawl that I am picking at in fits and starts, designed by one of the ladies at Crochetville. I won't name her because she hasn't posted about the shawl yet and should be allowed to brag about it first, but it's fabulous and I love it. I wish I had the time to devote to it as I would like, but perhaps I will throw my hands in the air one of these days and make such great headway on it that I neglect everything else until I get it finished.

So these are my WIP projects, at least as many of them as I can think of. Somehow I feel like there are many more I have forgotten.