Saturday, February 12, 2005

Pineapple Blossom

This is the doily I was pretty certain would never end (but only because it was the largest I've attempted so far). It is the Pineapple Blossom doily from this book and I'm already planning on making another doily from it soon. This one goes to my mother, just because she was stunned her daughter could stitch a doily in the first place.


I used size 10 thread in cream, and the pattern suggested using a #8 hook for a final diameter of 18 inches. Because I stitch so tightly with thread, I used the #5 and mine is only 14 inches. Somewhere I need to find a happy medium but I'm not sure where that is. I like the small stitches that come with the smaller hook sizes, but I also don't want a 10 inch doily that was supposed to be 18 inches someday. Guess how upset I would be? So other than my gauge concerns I am thrilled with the doily. Off it goes to Mom on Monday, not quite in time for Valentine's Day but very close. I wasn't really trying to get it there by Monday anyway. ;o)

Thanks to Deneen who posted a message at Crochetville about Adagio Teas' Rewards Program, I enjoyed a cup of strawberry tea this morning. I received the ingenuiTEA Set for adding an Adagio Tea link to my blog! The set included the 16oz. teapot and four samples of tea. I received Mango, Oriental Spice, Cream and Strawberry teas to try. The cream was already a favorite of mine from a previous order and I fell in love with the strawberry this morning, it's very good! Thanks Deneen!!