Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Hello, remember me!?

I feel like I've been gone for weeks and weeks. Not so, but I'm definitely losing the battle on staying caught up. Crochetville.org is up and running and fabulous, busier it seems than ever before. I'm loving every minute of the time I get to spend there. That being said, I'm due for a serious time schedule overhaul.

Yesterday was Snowflake Monday and I couldn't participate. I was too busy running to the bank and then Wal-Mart to buy exciting things like contact lens cleaning solution and a grow-light for my african violets and what else? Oh yes, hyacinths and petunias. So after my two hour excursion to Wal-Mart I came home and planted the hyacinths in the front yard planting beds. The petunias still need to be planted but I was too lazy at the time. After that was done, we went to the post office to mail packages including one to my mother.

Inside the package was this little beauty:



Nothing terribly fancy, but at least I did something in the last week. I'm serious, that's all I've been able to do. It's the Pretty Pineapples bookmark from the May issue of Crochet! magazine. Mom loves pineapples so off it goes to her with a few cross-stitch books from my former craft life that she might like to have.

I wonder how that bookmark would have looked with some blue lurex?