Friday, April 08, 2005

Norwegian Filigree Bookmark & Lurex... again

I got more lurex yesterday. Don't ask me where I'm storing this stuff, I have no idea. Right now I'm busy admiring how pretty the red and iridescent look, camped out on my dining room table.

Here's the most recent fix (because I am definitely addicted):


Gold, Red and Silver.

I have been drooling over the red for some time now and was so glad when Melanie finally got it in. I promptly searched for a quick project to use the red lurex in, wound it with red thread and made the Norwegian Filigree bookmark.


The white sparkles are actually the red lurex reflecting in the flash. I used size 10 thread and a #3 hook just to keep it big (because you know I stitch tightly with thread), and then blocked it with water to make it even and square. Other than a three hour interruption while we ran errands, it probably only took 30 minutes to make this bookmark.

I think I'm done bothering Melanie with emails for a while, though that multicolored lurex is still in the back of my mind. She's been so kind and gracious when replying to my begging like a dog for a treat questions that I will do everything I can to encourage folks to keep her in mind when buying yarn and lurex at eBay. She's great, I can recommend her wholeheartedly.

To complete the spoiling process, I received a table runner leaflet from Rebecca today.


I had looked very hard at this leaflet in the last Annie's Attic catalog I got, Rebecca must have read my mind. It even features a snowman table runner, and as I love all things snow related this is a most excellent book. Thank you so much Rebecca!!