Saturday, April 30, 2005

Pretty Pillows for Mom

It isn't often that I can get my mother to look at a catalog with crochet patterns and leaflets in it. Especially since she lives in North Florida and I live in Northwest Georgia. It's hard to put one in front of her to see from here, ya know? But we both (she cross-stitches and embroiders) are subscribed to the Herrschners catalog and occasionally will receive them on the same day. So we talked about this project and that one, and when she mentioned that she wished she could crochet good enough to crochet these pillow tops, I paid attention. (Yes, it might have been a hint but she knows she just has to ask, I'll make her what she wants.)


The pattern is a free one on the Coats & Clark site, Pretty Pillows. I used one skein of RH Lustersheen in Tea Leaf which easily made two pillow tops. They are both getting mailed off to Mom today, along with a couple other non-crocheted goodies, and she can then stitch them onto pillows and send me pictures of the finished project. I'm not much of a sewer and she is, and this is nice because it's a rare project we both can do together. Even when we are 700+ miles apart.