Thursday, June 23, 2005

53 'n Me

Or -

El Wrongo!

The Crossed Puff Stitch



I stitched it. I frogged it. I stitched it. I edged it. I worked in the ends. Then I thought to close the book to see where it fit on the afghan. I like to find them myself, it helps me to remember where they will be rather than look at the chart in the book. You know, top or bottom, blah blah blah.

So I looked...

And looked...

But couldn't find it. So I flipped open the center to see the photo of it in the book to see if mine was so different than the pictured one that I just couldn't see it on the back. Oh yeah! I got a little crazy with those puffs. While there should be 11 crossed puffs in each row across, there should also be three rows of sc stitches in between each row of puffed stitches. I only worked one row of sc. It's way wrong.

Rick loves it, it is soft and plump and definitely different than any of the other squares. I would redo it in a heartbeat, but he loves it. I'm not so sure that I can omit the square from the finished afghan without his noticing.

I keep thinking that a rug of this stitch would be great for in the bathroom or something. I don't plan on doing it any time soon.

- - - - - - - -

Doily pattern picked out - it will be from The Ultimate Doily Book by ASN again, the same book that has the Pineapple Sundae doily pattern. Maybe this time next week I can get started.