Tuesday, June 14, 2005

a little help from my friends...

Yes, please, I'm asking.

Back in March my Spring Secret Pal from England by way of Crochetville sent me four balls of stunning Wendy Nirvana DK yarn in the softest shade of lavender (shade 0287). It's an acrylic/mohair blend, oh so light and fluffy.



I instantly fell in love with it and hid it from myself to keep from using it for something silly and frivolous. I really want it for more than a hat and scarf set. Of course, it's been in the back of my mind for some time now and since I finished the rose filet shawl last week I've been itching to use it in something; the hard part was deciding what would make the yarn look its best. Since a girl can't have too many shawls and I dug out a ball Sunday night and started to make Holly's Butterfly Wing Shawl with it. The pattern is great and perfect for working on during movie nights, no counting and stitches up in a flash. The only problem?



The one ball only gave about 13 inches in length, from the back of the neck to the center point. I'm going to keep going until I run out of yarn. I suspect it won't be near long enough to suit me, small boned I'm not and I'd like it to fit around me comfortably. I've done some Google searches and hit eBay without any luck. There is Wendy yarn out there, even in the Nirvana line, but it's mostly on eBay and I had no luck finding the right color. I'm hoping that someone who lives in Great Britain (or Europe) knows where they can find this yarn easily. I'll gladly pay for it, shipping too and something extra for your trouble. It's possible I suppose that it's available here in the States but I am not having any luck finding it. No LYS in my neck of the woods to check 'just in case' so I'm border-line desperate.

If anyone can help me, I'd love to hear from you!