Friday, July 15, 2005

63 and done!

It's done, finished, complete! I can hardly believe it myself. For a whole year I didn't touch it other than to move the stack of squares from one spot to another. For a while there I was quite certain I'd never finish it and maybe should just stitch it together for a small lapghan.



The pattern, of course, is from Leisure Arts, 63 Easy-to-Crochet Pattern Stitches Combine to Make a Heirloom Afghan, #LA555. I used Red Heart Super Saver Rose Pink and Aran, and TLC Expressions Light Thyme yarns for this afghan. I started in on April 13, 2004 and finished it today. I'm certain I didn't think it would take well over a year to completion when I stitched up the first square.

A special thank you goes to Donna for starting the 63 Squares CAL in the first place, I never would have made this afghan if she hadn't made the decision to host the CAL. Another special thank you goes to Holly for starting the UFO or Frog CAL at Crochetville, it bascially kicked me in the butt and made me pick it back up again. I quite possibly would never have finished it if she hadn't made that post. Thank you too, all of you who have left a comment in the last couple of weeks cheering me on. You guys really kept me going, and I needed it!