Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Pineapple Passion

The doily has arrived in California!




Closeup of center section

This is Pineapple Passion, from the Absolutely Gorgeous Doilies book from Leisure Arts, featuring beautiful patterns by Patricia Kristoffersen. My favorite new stitch? The split double treble crochet stitch. Not nearly as hard to do as to say, but it did have me sweating for a little while. The doily is 14" in diameter, much bigger than the listed 12½" on the pattern. Go figure. Once I couldn't get even close to gauge, now I'm somehow managing to shoot past it! Bigger than planned for is better than way too big and definitely better than too small any day. I used DMC Traditions in 'Neutral' again, I think I have five or six balls of this now as it seems to be the doily color of choice these days. That being said, next week after Snowflakes in July is over I will finish a blue doily. Whatever was I thinking? ;o)

(In a perfect world my camera could have humored me and taken a better picture before I mailed off the doily. Or better yet, alarms and whistles should have warned me so I could have taken a few more before racing off to the post office. Lesson learned, if it takes an extra day to get it in the mail, so be it.)