Friday, July 01, 2005

Snowflakes in July Along

I have been thinking about choosing a week to do nothing but snowflakes each and every day. Seven days of snowflake goodness. I'd like to have as many flakes as possible available when December rolls around, for gifts, for me, for Christmas cards. Then I started thinking, wouldn't it be fun to have other people doing snowflakes with me during that week? I love Snowflake Mondays to see people making a beautiful flake here and there. It would be much more fun if more of my friends and new friends would make snowflakes too.


Here is the plan:

  • The week of July 25th, the last week of July, we will make nothing but snowflakes. Making it the last week of the month gives plenty of time for you to get your affairs in order. Finish those WIPs you've been diligently stitching away on; get those last minute gifts finished. Three whole weeks to get ready for one week of flakes.


  • Snowflakes can be crocheted or knit, can be actual snowflakes, snowflake doilies or even a snowflake afghan.


  • Only snowflake-y items can be worked on during the week. No fair cheating!


  • I'll make a webpage showing everyone who is making snowflakes, with a running tally of how many each of us made and the group together.


I made a pretty button to tempt you:




So, who's in? It's only one week, you know you can do it!